Learn more about Punta Gorda Homes for Sale. Moving away from small towns, but avoiding the rush of big cities is Punta Gorda FL, the medium sized city. It has a population of approximately 17,596 people, living within a total of 17 neighborhoods. Punta Gorda Fl real estate market is affordable for families and retirees.
This is the place to choose if you are looking for housing that is high in cost. When ranked against other neighborhoods in the country, the city of Punta Gorda homes are amongst the top most expensive year in, year out. It is able to maintain this ranking due to the jobs that are available, with more than ninety percent of the population holding white collar positions.
High Cost Housing in Punta Gorda
If you are looking to purchase some high cost housing in Punta Gorda, there are ten neighborhoods that you can make your choice from. These are as follows: –
- Monaco Dr / Tamiami Tl
- Charlotte Harbor
- Bal Harbor Blvd / W Marion Ave
- Punta Gorda Isles
- Sandhill Blvd / Rio De Janiero Ave
- Aqui Esta Dr / Bal Harbor Blvd
- Bermont / Ridge Harbor
- Deep Creek Blvd / San Cristobal Ave
- Burnt Store Marina
- Tropical Gulf Acres / Gilchrist
The average cost of a home in all of Punta Gorda is $350,138. The most common types of homes you will find are single family detached homes. This is followed by high rise apartments which are in large complexes. Then you have duplexes or small apartments, and finally, 3.75% of the homes are row houses. You can search Subdivisions in Punta Gorda FL for homes that are for sale.
Punta Gorda, FL Home Buying Information
- First Time Home Buyers – Are you a first home time buyer in Punta Gorda Florida? There are many new loan programs out there, if you have a little money there are programs out there for you! A new conventional loan program out that offer 3% down. Get more information about First Time Home Buyers Program in Punta Gorda.
- VA Loan Programs for Veterans – This is an awesome program for Veterans, the VA guaranteed a loan to honorable discharged Veterans. First step is to go to the nearest Punta Gorda Veteran Affair office to get a certificate. To see if you qualify for a VA home loan, fill out the form and receive a call from one of our preferred VA mortgage lenders.
- Punta Gorda FL Foreclosure Properties – If you are investor or just interested in buying Punta Gorda foreclosure homes for sale or Punta Gorda real estate for sale at below market value? Use my search page Punta Gorda Foreclosure homes to find out more.
- Down Payment Assistance Programs – There are several Punta Gorda mortgage down payment assistance programs from county to the state bond program, our preferred lenders can assist you in finding the right mortgage programs in Punta Gorda to fit you’re needs!
Any investment that you make in this neighborhood is a good one, since most of the homes are appreciating in value. If you are looking for a quick return on your investment, purchase your next home in Tropical Gulf Acres/Gilchrist. These homes have appreciated in value by 4.79% in the last quarter, and are pegged to achieve an average annual rate of 20.56% in appreciation. This is the amongst the highest appreciation values in the entire country.
Another factor that makes these value appreciations worth serious consideration, is that fact that they are strong enough to go against the grain, particularly when there is a downturn in the nation for the real estate markets. In the past decade or so, Punta Gorda house values were below the national average, but now, they are amongst the highest in all of the nation.
Punta Gorda Community
Homes for sale in Punta Gorda tend to be well maintained as majority are owner occupied. If you choose to purchase your home here, you do not need to worry about excessive maintenance, repair and renovation costs. The homes are primarily from the 1970 to 1999 era of building, although the next largest percentage of housing are those that were built after the year 2000. If you are a real history buff and are looking for a home that can represent a story or a rich past, there are 1.56% of the homes available which were build prior to 1939.
There are several reasons you should consider making an investment in Punta Gorda. If you want to make a return in the short run, you can do so with ease, as even waiting for a quarter is most likely going to give you excellent results. However, it is essential to pay attention to the neighborhood that you are investing in, as some are going to appreciate faster than others. In the long run, you are highly likely to get an excellent return on your investment. Buy a home in Punta Gorda and live in it for a few years. When you choose to put it back in the market, you will make a tidy profit. Buy a house as this is an excellent chance to make a worthy investment.
Read more information about Buying a Home, or if you are looking to sell your home. Use our advance FloridaMLS to find Central Florida real estate. Get the latest news from our Florida Real Estate Blog on the current events related to the real estate market in your area.
List of Houses for Sale in Punta Gorda Florida
The data relating to real estate displayed on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of My Florida Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.